Xenon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xenon Role Play

Forum for Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Timeless Park

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

The Timeless Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:42 pm

'I still do not know what your work is. But I do know that it seems important. I hope this may be a useful asset to your work. And a modest bit of hope that perhaps you can help me getting this damage fixed. My arm still is a bit loose at times. It was torn off. I also still have images stored from back then how the damage looked, along with blueprints of my design.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:49 pm

She looked aside. "My work..." She let her hand run down and to her side. "...I'll help repair you...okay?"
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:56 pm

'If you don't want to discuss your work, that's fine. My work here isn't exactly because I feel that connected to this God you all speak of, it's more of a necessity, due to a place I need to stay at. and it covers me up fairly good.' She removed the rest of the robes and clothing she was to wear and folded it all perfectly. Then, she went on to a wall, which she pressed against. It opened into a doorway. 'This is a passage to where I stay. It has a full workshop with high tech weapons, machines and equipment. You can do the maintenance on me there. But I do put a great deal of trust in you by letting you do this, since I'll have to be shut off for this. So would it be possible, for me to upload my current OS onto your laptop? I could provide you with details on the blueprints, as well.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:13 pm

She looked from the woman to her laptop, then back to her. If her OS was on the laptop...she'd have access to her data while it was on...she could spy on her whenever, looking at her work.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:23 pm

'If something happens, you'll need me to make fast decisions. I have, after all, been programmed to react quickly. And if you are worried about your data, you can just split your HDD in two partitions, then I can only access the files in the partition I'm in,. which will then be an empty one. If not, I wouldn't break privacy anyway. I've never been programmed to steal data, anyway. So I think you can be assured I won't violate your laptop's private files.' She offered her hand, showing an USB port.
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:26 pm

She looked at her, nodding slowly. "O-okay..."
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Kati took over the laptop and made her own partition on its HDD, cutting it off from all other unesssential systems. 'I'll upload my OS now. Then I'll shut down automatically and I'll proceed communicating over the laptop. You are ready for this entire work? It's a lot of work that needs be done.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:33 pm

"I-I'll try..." She looked her over, all of the exposed circuitry showing her the work that needed to be done.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:39 pm

'One thing. My power source is a very rare system. It's only be used for models like me. It's an Yggdrasil Drive and quite powerful. It's been keepiung me running for the past 200 years and likely will keep me going for another 300. You shouldn't tamper with it, no matter what. It's rather dangerous.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:41 pm

She nodded, nervous. She always liked to take new technology apart...but she couldn't this time...
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:48 pm

Kati attached herself to the laptop and uploaded her entire OS onto it. When it hit the 100%, her body walked to a premade bed and laid down, then shut off. The chest opened up like a hood of a car and revealed the highly advanced mechanisms within. On the laptop Kati made herself hearable again. 'Ok, I think you'll know what to do mainly. If there are any questions or anything you doubt on, refer to me. I'm here.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:50 pm

"O-okay..." She walked over to the now lifeless body that once housed the voice speaking to her now. She began to tinker with the circuitry inside, resisting the temptation to take things apart.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:06 pm

As Dionaea was busy, Kati explained more about her existence in the world. 'We started as a team of 10. Our mission objective was simple. We were to disable the main weapon manufacturer in a part of the Umbrian Sector. We worked in two teams of five. I was lieutenant of my own team, second in line. There was our commander and 3 regular units. We all looked the same, so that the enemy would not know the difference between our ranks. We had a link between each other that allowed us to stay up to date.

All went well. We infiltrated and planted the explosives. But it was as if they had been expecting us, and sprung their trap when the last charge was set in place. They tore the alpha team apart first. The moment the first shots were fired, we knew hell would break loose. We took a secluded location and covered. Entire Alpha Team had been erased, just like that. Landmine, I think it was. We took heavy artillery fire, two of us were literally shot apart. I myself then took the lead and played as a distraction. Whether they knew or not, I do not know, but they did not take the bait. I lost my right arm, or at least part of it, but got away. I registered how the rest of my team was taken out. I actually have the video files of what they saw. I replayed them a lot of times and always come across the same thing. They use battle formations likewise to those of Assyria. But it was the Assyrian Government that created us and gave us those orders. It could be some test, seeing how we would perform. Or perhaps traitors. I never figured it out. Maybe you could see things I am not able to see. Things with a more human touch.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:10 pm

"I see..." She grabbed some nearby tools, and probed a little into the innards of the circuitry before her. This was truly amazing...a living persona that was made from circuitry. "...I know very little about the outside world...a sheltered person such as myself would know nothing of war...except what I saw in books..." She swapped around wires, and played around some with some damaged bits, trying to make things work correctly.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:15 pm

'I've lived among people for 200 years now. I changed from a mere commando unit to a person. It caused me to put up priorities, I now also value the things I have. When you see the images and recordings of the fighting, it becomes a horror. While before it was all you know. It was the order of the day. Even though it was not long that we were supposed to exist. I've experienced the world through the eyes of an outlander. I still don't feel myself a part. Maybe you can escape your own boundaries as well, and live life outside your limits. Like I did.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:18 pm

"Probably not...I'm a sheltered girl...the people who watch over me want to make sure there are no problems for me or those I interact with..." She plugged in a few wires she'd disconnected, an supplied a bit of electricity to the system, making sure the mechanics worked.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:21 pm

'but surely you have the ability to do what you want. If there are any problems, then you work in such a manner that you control the problems and not the other way around. That's how you grow as a person, it's how I grew out to be who I am now.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:24 pm

"Well, I don't know about that...I think preventing problems is better than starting them...it's worked so far..." She stopped working. "...since I was born, that is."
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:32 pm

'Can't call it a life, though. You are under constant surveillance, constantly people watching over your back. you wouldn't have a single private moment. You won't be able to live a life like any other. Isn't that something you would be willing to do? Oh, the arm circuits may be a bit tricky, they are of two different systems. You can duplicate the system from the other arm. It's only attached to the main powergrid at the shoulder, so you can disassemble the lower arm without any problems. Just copy and paste.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:35 pm

She nodded. "Alright." She thought about her life as she worked, eventually completing the job.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm

'When you're done, you need to put my finger on the USB port again. I'll upload myself back, and you can check your security logs of your laptop whether I accessed any of your files. I can assure you, I haven't.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm

She shook her head. "It's okay if you did...the research I'm doing...has to do with the war back then." She knew she was giving up secrets that could potentially kill her, but she felt this woman could be trusted with the data.
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:45 pm

'What about the War? Perhaps I can even be of any help. I do have files, recordings and orders from that time still stored in my main database. It's protected by a firewall at the size of several terabytes, so I do not think it's optional to try and crack it. As well it is equipped with an internal virus. If forced open, it shreds all data. That's the level of security it needs, so I am fairly certain it is not revealed back in that time or any time in between. Same for my blueprints.'
Back to top Go down
Dawn353
Dawn353

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:00 pm

"The people I work for want to know more about the Gate and if it can be made into a weapon of sorts..." She walked over, and brought the laptop next to the woman. "...I'm close to finishing my research. I fixed your internals...but I can't do much for the cosmetics..."
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Unit / Cati
Unicorn Unit / Cati

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Her OS transferred back into her body, and she sat straight up, testing herself out again. 'If that is indeed your goal, then I am sorry, but I cannot assist you. I have been programmed by Assyrians, which means that I will never do anything to divulge secrets about the Gate or its systems which would then lead to the abuse or destruction of said object. It goes against my programming. I'm very sorry. But I must ask, since it bothers me, why would you want to turn the Gate into a weapon? It's a global transportation device and I'm sure people wouldn't want the War to repeat itself.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Timeless Park   The Timeless Park - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Timeless Park
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next